Monday 2 April 2012

Radio

I had never considered the vast differences between Radio and Television until now. While listening to the radio I had never considered how much more interesting it was compared to TV. They speak of relevant topics and the majority of radio is of a higher quality than TV because it needs to be interesting due to it only having one medium - sound.

Flicking through TV channels as I produce this blog, I am flooded by useless commercials, shows that try too hard to be funny, current affair news (if that is counted as news) and other programs that I have no interest in. Radio in contrast has two main FM channels that I am attracted too: MMM and JJJ. Both of these have enjoyable music and effective commentary which targets my demographic (16 - 26 approx.) along with other demographics as well, basically 24/7.

I now have a new respect for radio and admittedly a lower opinion of TV, given TV's wider opportunity for quality with visual, thanks to the sound lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment